2018 Foreign Student Enternship Announcement
We announce the “2018 Foreign Student Enternship” program, which provides opportunities for foreign students at Korean Universities to experience startup business and provide resources needed for startup companies, as follows.
May 28, 2018
Seoul Global Startup Center
A. Program Overview
Program Name: 2018 Foreign Student Enternship (Summer)
Date: May 28, 2018 – August 31, 2018
Enternship Period: July 2, 2018 – August 14, 2018
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday (5hours/day , 130hours)
Number of Enterns: 21 Foreign Students in Korea
Participating Companies: 21 Startup Companies in Seoul
Participation Fee: Free
Salary: Paid by Seoul GSC
Entern : To experience startup business to gain the experience needed to increase the probability of future startup success.
Company : Securing the best talented people necessary for business development.
C. Entern Category
|Type||T||Number of Enterns|
|Administration / Translation||Design||Marketing||Program Development||21|
|Entern||A Foreign Student (Undergrad & Graduate) enrolled in a University in Korea.A Foreign student enrolled in a University language school in Korea.Visa Type(F2, F4, F5, F6, D2, D4(More then 6 months), H1)|
|Company||Startups in any Seoul Metropolitan Government Supported Incubation Center located within the city of Seoul. (Must have a Business Registration Address in Seoul)A business registration up to 3 years – after July 1, 2015|
*Only available for Registered Businesses in Korea.
E. Restrictions for Participating Enterns and Startups
- Those who are beneficiaries or participants of similar government support projects during the support period (July 2, 2018 – August 10, 2018)
- Those who are not legally registered residents in Korea.
- Those who have legal restrictions to participate in the program.
- Salary will be paid by the Startup Company which the Entern belongs to.
- A Subsidy will be provided to the Startup Company by Seoul Global Startup Center after the salary is paid to the Entern by Startup Company.
|Salary||￦9,300/hour x 5 hours/Day x 26 days(130hours)||￦1,209,000|
|※Appendix 2018 Seoul Metropolitan City Living Wage Notice|
Required Documents and Supporting documents
Required Documents : 1 Application Form per company
|Application||– Application Form(Online)||– Application Form(Online)|
|By Orientation Day(June 22)||– Passport copy– Alien Registration Card copy– Work Permit copy– University Enrollment Certificate– Personal Information Collection Agreement||– Business Registration Certificate– Personal Information Collection Agreement– Employee Contract copy– Representative ID Card copy|
|After Entenship Program||– Company Evaluation– Entern Report||– Startup Result Report– Entern Evaluation Form– Other Income Payment Statement|
– Bank Account Transaction Statement
F. Application Submission
G. Application and Selection
○ Method: Submit online application at https://seoulgsc.formstack.com/forms/enternshipsummer2018
○ Selection method: After confirming eligibility through submitted application form, an individual notification.
Startup Company: May 28, 2018 (Monday) – June 8, 2018 (Friday)
Entern:June 1, 2018 (Friday) – June 15, 2018 (Friday)
Interview Period: June 1, 2018 (Friday) – June 15, 2018 (Friday)
– Interviews are conducted individually by the startup with applicants.
H. Selection Method
Startup: Direct notification to each startup
Enterns: Startups will be selected and notified by the startup.
I. Selection Procedure
– After the selection of the Entern through individual interviews, startups should notify Seoul Global Startup Center
– After confirmation of the first-come-first-served selection order, startups can match with applicants.
-Final selected Enterns and Startups come to the center to make a contract.
○ Submitted documents will not be returned.
○ Participants are responsible for any disadvantages caused by misrepresentation in the application form or insufficient management of the participants.
○ You may be legally liable for intentional or malicious misrepresentation of facts.
|Schedule for Summer Enternship|
|May 28, 2018||Startup Company Application Start||Seoul GSC|
|June 1, 2018||Entern Application Start||Individual Interview|
|June 6, 2018||Startup Company acceptance deadline|
|June 15, 2018||Entern acceptance deadline|
|June 11 ~ 22, 2018||Contract||Seoul GSC – StartupStartup – Entern|
|June 22, 2018||Orientation||All required document must be submitted.|
|July 2, 2018||Start Date||up to 26 days during the days|
|August 10, 2018||End Date|
|August 10, 2018||Submit Documents(Company / Entern)||Company Submission Documents|
|– Startup Result Report– Entern Evaluation Form– Other Income Payment Statement|
– Bank Account Transaction Statement
|– Entern Report– Company Evaluation|
|Enternship Ceremony||Seoul GSC|
|August 31, 2018||Final Report||Seoul GSC|
|September 2018||Subsidy will be given to Startup Company|
|※The above schedule is subject to change according to operating circumstances.|
Incubation Manager at Seoul Global Startup Center
E-Mail : email@example.com
Contact : 070-4170-8486
(inquiry during business hours on weekdays)